Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Changing colors of ethereal GUI

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:28:20 -0700
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:40:50AM +0530, Naveen Kumar Kaushik wrote:
> The GUI colors seen on ethereal screen are blue grey and white.  I
> would like to know if these colors can be changed by changing some
> file/files in gtk dir.

It might be possible to do so by changing your .gtkrc file (creating one
if it doesn't exist), if Ethereal doesn't forcibly set the colors.  It
might forcibly set some colors, but not all.

I don't know what one would do to your .gtkrc to change it, and don't
know whether there are any colors that it couldn't change.  The only
documentation I know of for them is in

	http://www.gtk.org/tutorial1.2/gtk_tut-21.html

for GTK+ 1.2[.x] and

	http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-gtksrcfileformat.html