Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New feature to Find. Search all PD structures for ASCII or HEX da

From: "Greg Morris" <GMORRIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:13:08 -0600
Please consider this new addition. Many times I have been asked why Ethereal cannot search the hex data for a pattern of characters or hex values. I spent a little time adding this new functionality.

Attached is an rtf document showing this new capability.

Also attached are the diffs.

This seems to work well on Windows based OS. I have not tested on Linux I also built with GTK 1.3 so I don't know there might be anything wrong under GTK 2.

Greg Morris
Novell Technical Support
Worldwide Support Services - Client
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions
http://www.novell.com