Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in Makefile.nmake and maybe in Ethereal

From: "RABRET Laurent FTRD/DAC/ISS" <laurent.rabret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:59:51 +0200

There's a bug in the root "Makefile.nmake" file (/c is missing and is necessary if you want to have a chance to specify linker options…). Then, we must tell the linker how to generate rdps.exe (see new "Makefile.nmake" attached)

In addition, can you add the enclosed file to the CVS tree? It is a simple project file for MS Visual Studio (6 and 7) useful to develop, compile and debug from the Visual Studio's IDE.

With that file it is not compulsory to rename Makefile.nmake into Makefile.mak (I already changed required parameters).

At last, I'd like to know if some of you using VS7 with right debugging parameters (ie: /c in CFLAGS) also "catch" an "unmanaged exception" caused by "gdk_window_get_size(top_level->window, &top_width, &top_height);" in file "main.c" line 2332? The PB only occurs when closing Ethereal from the system menu or from the cross box on the top right hand side… Don't know whether it's an Ethereal or a GLIB/GTK+ bug…

Regards

Laurent