Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] packet-smpp.c: Short Message reassembly and de code preferenc

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:52:22 +0200
> From: Guy Harris
>
> On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 7:42 AM, Biot Olivier wrote:
>
> > PS still not clear to me how I can reassemble fragments sent over
> > distinct
> > SMPP sessions...
>
> Is that because there's no obvious way to say "these
> fragments are part
> of the same message" if they're part of different SMPP
> connections, or
> because there is a way to do it but there's no obvious way to do that
> using the Ethereal infrastructure?

I can rely upon the value of smpp.source_addr and smpp.destination_addr in
order to identify fragments that are potentially part of the same message. I
can create conversations based on smpp.source_addr and smpp.destination_addr
(both are NULL-terminated text strings that represent an endpoint's "phone
number") addresses (address.type = AT_NONE). The question is whether I can
reassemble Short Message fragments which are spread across distinct SMPP/TCP
connections. To summarize:
  TCP conversation t1 (SMPP conversation s1): SMS fragment 1/2 (smf1)
  TCP conversation t2 (SMPP conversation s1): SMS fragment 2/2 (smf2)
    ==> How can I reassemble smf1 and smf2

Regards,

Olivier