Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New packet module, Nominum CC

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 03:21:57 +0100
On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 05:58:47PM -0800, Michael Sawyer wrote:
> If anyone wants to inspect the patch, as it is now, it's on
> http://www.chameleon.net/mws/ethereal.patch.

You should have sent it to ethereal-dev, but I looked at it anyway :-)

Why do you include:
+#include <stdio.h>
+#include <stdlib.h>
+#include <string.h>
+#ifdef NEED_SNPRINTF_H
+# include "snprintf.h"
+#endif

dissect_list(tvbuff_t *tvb, guint32 obj_size, guint32...
+               switch (object_type) { ...
default case is missing: you always want to handle malformed packets

Also: You should add your dissector to Makefile.am and Makefile.nmake,
  not Makefile.in

Thanks

    Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                            <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
We are stuck with technology when what we really want ist just stuff that