Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Easier dissector building

From: jharris <jharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:46:25 -0800 (PST)
Im not much of a microsoft user. But doenst cgywin have gcc ported ?
Wouldnt it be better to make sure the code works with cgywin and let the
admin use gcc to compile their own dissector. Another point is if your
going to be developing your own protocol..your own dissector.. arnt they
going to need access to a compiler?  I mean how many network admins
develop protocols with scripting langauges?