Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: compile problem by using VC++

Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:50:13 +0100
> I didn't send it back to the
> list as project files must have absolute paths in them, and so it was OK
for
> my oddball setup, but not very general purpose.  The project used custom
> build rules to generate all the required files.

As far as I know there are no absolute paths needed in the project files
themselves, provided you build using nmake (and not from the project).
This
worked for me for a couple of releases where I left the standard structure

as it was, just had one release in c:\ethereal\eterheal 0.x.y and another
one in c:\ethereal\eterheal 0.x.y+1 and I could copy the project and
workspace
around and only had to change the config.nmake from the new release.

> If we agreed a standard layout for a windows dev environment, probably
based
> on the C: drive, then I could look into it again.  Unfortunately my
original
> efforts have hit the bit bucket.

I don't think that's necessary.

--