Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] GTK assertion failed on ONC-RPC statistics.

From: "J.Smith" <lbalbalba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:39:31 +0100
Hi.

Just downloaded and installed the 0.9.8 Windows build of Ethereal, and
almost immediately experienced the following issue. When I load the attached
tracefile 'crash.trace', and select "tools|statistics|onc-rpc|programs", I
get the following error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1595 (gtk_widget_map): assertion
`GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (widget) == TRUE' failed

The statistics for ONC-RPC do get displayed though, and ethereal continues
to function. Can't be sure if the actual counts in the statistics window are
correct though. Although this might be a problem with ethereal, because of
the filename 'gtkwidget.c', I get the impression that we have found a GTK
bug here? Should we look at ethereal to solve this, or start nagging the
people that maintain the gtk port for Windows ?

Sincerely,

J.Smith