Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Serial Connection?

From: "Jim Howard" <rosehulmangroup9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:01:09 -0500
Can ethereal currently read packets from inputs other than ethernet?  We are
specifically curious about ethereal's capabilities to read packets over
serial and USB, is this possible and if so how might I go about testing
this?

If this is not implemented then how difficult would it be to add serial
connectivity under a protocol that is currently implemented in ethernet?
I.E. The protocol is already supported in Ethereal.

Thanks
Jim Howard