Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.8.20 and WSP/GTP

From: "Denis A. Doroshenko" <d.doroshenko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:08:07 +0200
hello,
excuse me, i didn't understand you. if we look at GSM 12.15 or ETSI TS
101 393 (i use the later for refereces), we see all format is described
there, since it is ASN.1 format it should be pretty simple to parse and
using the specification to name parameters (see Chapter 8 of the
specification).

the specification allows using non-ASN.1 format, in that case special
dissector is needed. so from your words i conclude that Nokia uses non-
ASN.1 format and that you've implemented a dissector for it. right?

what's regarding ASN.1, AFAIK SNMP uses ASN.1 encoded data, and ASN.1
decoding subrotines are in the Ethereal's source tree, so it should be
not difficult to add ETSI standardised CDR format parsing. but i'd
better be silent, since i seem to be incapable to do it myself at the
moment.

--
Denis A. Doroshenko  [GPRS engineer]                   .-.        _|_  |
[Omnitel Ltd., T.Sevcenkos st. 25, Vilnius, Lithuania] | | _ _  _ .| _ |