Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector: SCCP

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:05:21 -0400
Joerg,

Thanks!  That'll make the lives of us SS7 geeks a lot easier and less
confusing!

Regards,
-Jeff

Joerg Mayer wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:54:20AM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> > Hmmm...  Is there another abbreviation for this protocol?
>
> I'll look into the suggestions Guy made tonight. I don't mind
> doing an s/sccp/skinny/g and s/SCCP/Skinny/g while I work a bit
> more on it and Skinny should be a recognizable name as well.
>
> > SCCP also stands for "Signalling Connection Control Part" in SS7 land
> > (which has been around a while longer than Cisco's IP phones).
>
> But not in the IP/Data-Networking world :-)
>
> Unless someone has problems with the rename I'll do it in ~4 hours
> from now.
>
>  ciao
>          J�rg
>
> --
> Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
> I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know
> what proactive means.

begin:vcard
n:Morriss;Jeff
tel;fax:+1-856-222-9947
tel;work:+1-856-787-2824
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ulticom.com
org:Ulticom, Inc.;Customer Support
version:2.1
email;internet:jeff.morriss[AT]ulticom.com
title:Senior Support Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Ulticom, Inc.=0D=0A1020 Briggs Rd.=0D=0A;Mount Laurel;NJ;08054;USA
fn:Jeff Morriss
end:vcard