Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector: SCCP

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:55:08 +0200
Jeff,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:54:20AM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> Hmmm...  Is there another abbreviation for this protocol?

I'll look into the suggestions Guy made tonight. I don't mind
doing an s/sccp/skinny/g and s/SCCP/Skinny/g while I work a bit
more on it and Skinny should be a recognizable name as well.

> SCCP also stands for "Signalling Connection Control Part" in SS7 land
> (which has been around a while longer than Cisco's IP phones).

But not in the IP/Data-Networking world :-)

Unless someone has problems with the rename I'll do it in ~4 hours
from now.

 ciao
         Jï¿œrg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know