Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal for Visual Basic

From: "Fiach Reid" <fiachreid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:22:43 +0000
Hello all,

    This is my first posting to ethereal, so be nice (please).
What I'm looking to do is to create a simple re-useable component
that I can plug into my existing Visual Basic applications which
will fire events (call backs) whenever a network packet appears on
the phone line.

    I'm open to any suggestions, and I'm prepared to work for as
long as it takes to get this working. I promise to send any useful code back to ethereal, give credit to any contibuting coders on
any software I write, and possibly pay (not much) anyone who moves
the project forward in a big way.

    As I believe, much of ethereal's functionality is encapsulated
in a dll?, Can this dll be called from VB?, does it take 5000 lines
of code to get it to do anything useful? Can it be upgraded to some
snazzy ATL COM control?

    Looking forward to hearing your response.

    Fiach Reid.

www.webtropy.com
www.eej.ulst.ac.uk/remote-Viewer