Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Building&Running 0.8.16 under W2K

From: "Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Gehnen" <G.Gehnen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:33:59 +0100
Hi,

after a longer time only running precompiled versions I want to compile
ethereal by myself under W2K for creating a plugin.

But I'm facing two problems:
1. The linker of VC6.0 complains about a list of double defined symbols.
They are located in LIBC.lib and LIBCMT.lib. The usual approach to add
the /FORCE directive to the linker works, but it seems, that I have
here some problematic configuration.

2. More important: After capturing ethereal can't load the captured
file.
In the function open_cap_file there is something wrong with the calls to
the wiretap library.  wtap_open_offline() seems to generate a invalid
filehandle.
The precompiled version from www.ethereal.com works.

Has anyboy some hints for me?

  Gerrit