Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Capture

From: "Nicholas, John S" <John.Nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:20:37 -0800
Hello,

I few beginner questions:

I am thinking of having an option (selectable in preferences) that will set the capture filter to
capture only the ports used by my dissector.   The reason I would rather not just set up a
filter and apply it in the CAPTURE dialog is that the ports used (about 40) are read in from a
data file.  So the ports could change based on this data file.

Once I construct a filter string, is there an easy way to use it as the capture filter?
What is the variable used for the filter string?
Is there another way to capture only a selected protocol (by dissector)?

Thanks

John S. Nicholas                                       The Boeing Company
    Stable: john.s.nicholas@xxxxxxxxxx       Phone: 206-662-0298