Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Problem building latest cvs tree

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:54:23 -0800
> Gerald - is there some way not to oblige users to be running the exact
> same version of libtool that the person who last checked "ltconfig" into
> the CVS tree was using?

If I check out a fresh tree from CVS, and then remove "ltconfig" and run
"autogen.sh", something (autoconf?) whines at the beginning about the
required file "ltconfig" being missing, but it appears to drive on,
create "ltconfig", do all the appropriate auto* stuff, and run
"configure" anyway, and a subsequent "make" succeeded.

Perhaps we should remove "ltconfig" from the CVS tree, and just arrange
that it (like "Makefile.in", "configure", etc.) be in the source
tarballs?

(Jerry - if you haven't yet updated libtool on your system, could you
try re-installing the version on the RH 6.1 distribution, removing
"ltconfig", and seeing whether "autogen.sh" works?)