Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Segfault

From: James Coe <jammer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:44:11 -0600
Gilbert Ramirez wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 10:17:47PM -0600, James Coe wrote:
> >
> > I've attached the backtrace from gdb and the capture file. I also used the -m 1
> > option in tcpsic to slow down the traffic rate. Ethereal was run with realtime
> > packet display on and name resolution off. The system is S.u.S.E. linux 6.2 with
> > kernel 2.2.10. The swap file is 128Mb and there are 32Mb of physical RAM.
> >
> > Jamie Coe.
> >

> Yup, right there. This patch will fix that error.
>
> My current tree is in a very messed up state because of some other
> work that I'm doing, but the capture file you sent appears not to
> cause a segfault anymore. Can you try it with this patch?
>
> --gilbert

>    ip.diffName: ip.diff
>           Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

Your patch appears to have fixed the problem. However, I managed to turn up another problem on a capture file I generated. This time the fault occurs
while a filter to the capture data. I tried filtering for icmp, then I tried filtering for servloc. Both attempts crashed with similar SIGABRTs from
libc.so.6. I am attaching the backtrace but not the packet capture. The capture is about 2.5Mb gzipped. I will send it on request.

Jamie Coe.