Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] I4B trace & V.120 decoder

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:37:30 -0800
> 555-1212 is an RBOC and North American Numbering Plan (NANP) [I think]
> directory assistance number.

Yes - I think it might also be used as a fake phone number in movies
(it's been ages since I dialed long-distance information, so the fake
phone number part was what came to mind first).

It showed up in frame 5 (a Q.931 SETUP message) and frame 13 (a Q.931
CONNECT message) of Bert's trace file - I was surprised to see a North
American phone number in what's presumably a Dutch (judging by the
country code in his phone number) ISDN call.