Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal patches

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:03:43 -0800 (PST)
> Perhaps there should be a separate dialog box popped up by the "Filter:"
> buttons, and perhaps an "Edit:Filters" menu item to pop it up as well?

BTW, Network Monitor also lets you keep "store" filters" (the dialog
boxes for capture and display filters have "Load..." and "Save..."
buttons, in addition to the GUI window for constructing filters), keeps
display and capture filters separate (currrently, our display and
capture file syntaxes are different - even if we end up making them
similar, display filters will probably be able to do stuff capture
filters can't), and lets you associate comments with filters (which
show up in the browse boxes for filters).