Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] changing display options to be part of preferences

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:21:54 -0800
> Actually, I'd much rather have it be explicit (i.e. via a button that
> says "use current position and size". It irks me when netscape picks a
> new default size for windows just because I stretched out a window to
> full screen for a particular web page/site.

...and it irks me when, for some unknown reason, Netscape sometimes
*doesn't* pop up the Bookmarks window the size I set it to last time,
but, instead, reverts to its default narrow window which has to stuff
"..." in the middle of most of the titles.  (My bookmarks file is *very*
large, and accessing it as a menu doesn't work - I treat it as a file in
which I search for stuff.)

But I'd be willing to have to hit a button to set the default size to
the current size - as long as I can use mouse-dragging, rather than
number-typing, to set the default size.