Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] changing display options to be part of preferences

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:32:20 -0800
> I was thinking of doing this, and sett up some additional preferences
> options to keep track of default settings for the display options

That sounds less like "changing display options to be part of
preferences" than like "making the *default* setting for the display
options a preference".

The former might require that you select the right tab in the
"Edit:Preferences" dialog box if all you wanted to do was, say, change
whether it was displaying times relative to the first packet or relative
to the previous packet; I'd rather not do that - I'd like to have it be
fairly convenient to change options such as that.

> as well as other options like window sizes.

Perhaps, for window sizes, Ethereal should simply remember the last
sizes you selected - i.e. you set the default main window size by
resizing the main window, etc..