Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] vlan updates and filtered capture

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 12:56:31 -0800
> I applied those vlan updates (and committed, since it did a better job
> than what was in there already), but it still seems to not decode
> everything.

As for the packets with an OUI of 00-00-0C, as per my mail, it's doing
exactly what I expected it to do - I've no idea what an OUI of 00-00-0C
and a protocol ID of 010B means - and all we *can* do unless somebody
knows what that particular flavor of Cisco packet is.

> It looks like everything that is left is LLC packets with data left
> over.

No, they're LLC packets of a form we don't know how to decode - the data
is real packet data, but I, at least, no idea how to interpret it, or
even what protocol it's for.  You're not going to get any more than what
you have now - regardless of whether the packets are inside a VLAN or
not; this is an LLC issue, not a VLAN issue, except perhaps to the
extent that said packets might somehow be related to stuff the Cisco
boxes in question do on a VLAN - until we find out what those packets
are.