Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Copyright(C) 1998

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:04:07 -0800 (PST)
> I hope the ISO 8859-x standards are interoperable?

Nope.  It appears, from a netnews posting I saved, that 0xA9 is LATIN
CAPITAL LETTER S WITH CARON in ISO 8859-2.  I see no sign of a copyright
sign in ISO 8859-2.

> If we can assume that family of character sets,

We can't necessarily do that, either; the ISO 8859-x character sets are
8-bit character sets, but that's not big enough for many Asian
languages.  I don't know if the various EUC character sets for Asian
languages, or the various JIS standards, or... necessarily have a
copyright symbol in them.