Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] building with ucd-snmp v4.01

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:02:31 -0500 (EST)
I've loaded ucd-snmp version 4.0.1 on one of my solaris boxes, but configuring ethereal (0.7.9) to use
snmp is giving me problems.

I'm guessing that older versions of ucd-snmp may have used a different directory structure to hold the
modules that ethereal needs to build against.  Under version 4.0.1, everything that ethereal needs (the
.h files and libsnmp.a) is in the snmplib subdirectory of the ucd-snmp distribution.

When I use make to install ucd-snmp, the include files get copied to /usr/local/include/ucd-snmp, and
libsnmp.a gets installed in /usr/local/lib.

I've tried several variants on the "--with-ucd-snmp=" to get configure to build a proper Makefile
without success.  It appears that the configure script specifically checks to make sure that the
current directory being checked is NOT /usr/local (see line 237 of acinclude.m4).

ucd-snmp also wants to be linked with libkstat on solaris, and I don't see any reference to libkstat in
the configure script files.

I've forced the proper things into the Makefile for now.  Could someone tell me if I the configure
script needs to be modified, or if I just botched things up trying to use it?

Thanks,

Phil Techau