Table of Contents
- 1. What is Wireshark?
- 2. What’s New
- 3. Getting Wireshark
- 4. File Locations
- 5. Known Problems
- 6. Getting Help
- 7. Frequently Asked Questions
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
- wnpa-sec-2019-09 NetScaler file parser crash. Bug 15497. CVE-2019-10895.
- wnpa-sec-2019-10 SRVLOC dissector crash. Bug 15546. CVE-2019-10899.
- wnpa-sec-2019-14 GSS-API dissector crash. Bug 15613. CVE-2019-10894.
- wnpa-sec-2019-15 DOF dissector crash. Bug 15617. CVE-2019-10896.
- wnpa-sec-2019-17 LDSS dissector crash. Bug 15620. CVE-2019-10901.
- wnpa-sec-2019-18 DCERPC SPOOLSS dissector crash. Bug 15568. CVE-2019-10903.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- GSM-A-RR variable bitmap decoding may report ARFCNs > 1023. Bug 15549.
- Buildbot crash output: fuzz-2019-03-23-1789.pcap. Bug 15634.
DCERPC SPOOLSS, DOF, GSM A RR, GSS-API, HL7, IEEE 802.15.4, ISO 14443, LDSS, SRVLOC, and TLS
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from https://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Wireshark should let you work with multiple capture files. (Bug 10488)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.