Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] New to Wireshark Application

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:09:41 +0530

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Go to the wireshark.org website and use the Learn page as your jump board to all
knowledge, either as document, video, course, wiki, FAQ, etc.

Enjoy,
Jaap

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for the reply. Help me understand, so i use tcpdump to do a packet trace and then use Wireshark to decode it? Can i use Wireshark to do pcap traces? And also I am not sure what is tshark? Please explain.

Regards,

Kaushal