Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Making a rpm-package

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:24:26 -0500
Ing. Ricardo P�rez wrote:
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to make a rpm-package, but when I run "sudo make rpm-package" I get this error:

uic main_window.ui -o ui_main_window.h
make[1]: uic: No se encontr� el programa
make[1]: *** [ui_main_window.h] Error 127
uic main_window.ui -o ui_main_window.h
make[1]: uic: No se encontr� el programa
make[1]: *** [ui_main_window.h] Error 127
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/****/wireshark-1.8.5/ui/qt'
make: *** [distdir] Error 1

"No se encontr� el programa" is "the program wasn't found" in spanish. The spanish is not the problem (I'm from Venezuela), the thing is that I don't know how to solve it and get the .rpm!

In order to make the RPM you need to be able to make a Wireshark source distribution (tarball). In order do that you need to be able to build the (still in development) Qt version of Wireshark. In order to do that you need the Qt development tools 'uic' and, IIRC, 'moc'.

If you're on a Redhat-based system, try "yum install qt-devel" to get those tools installed.