Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Tshark crashes

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:30:35 +0000 (UTC)
Alexander Papakhristos <papakhr@...> writes:

> How can I fix it? I can use filter to exclude packet with data.len >2.5MB
(“(data and  data.len < 2500000) or !data”) but that’s not very good solution.
It seems tshark analyzes all packets fragments and writes entire data to the
first packet in the block. Is there any way to disable that behavior?

I would suggest opening up a bug report and attaching a pcap file that causes
the crash, so the problem can be reproduced, which greatly aids in being able to
fix such problems.