Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.8.1 Duplicate protocol name "Coseventcomm Diss

From: "YJZ" <vollkommen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:14:56 +0200
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:39 PM, YJZ wrote:
>
> > After installing Wireshark 1.8.1 for "OS X 10.6 and later Intel 64-bit"
> last night, tshark coredumps with:
> Is it possible that you had an older version of Wireshark installed? If
> yes, can you uninstall it
> before installing the new version?
>
> Best regards
> Michael

Yes, but it really shouldn't matter though, since it's the newer application bundle (/Applications/Wireshark.app) replacing the older one. How that could result in two copies of giop is beyond me.

Nevertheless, after manually removing every trace of wireshark/tshark from my box, a new install of 1.8.1 is now able to start up swimmingly. Thanks.