Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] disabling loopback

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:03:26 -0500
_______________________________________
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrej van der Zee [andrejvanderzee@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:09 AM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] disabling loopback

> Thanks. Is there also a way to send the captured traffic on the loopback interface to a non-local IP address on the same physical network? On Linux.

You can very likely accomplish this using iptables.  Search for "iptables tee" and I think you'll find a solution.
- Chris
P.S. Andrej, why isn't this message threaded properly on gmane anymore?  Visit http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.user to see what I mean.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the intended recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender by replying to this email.  Thank you.