Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Suggestion

From: János Löbb <janos.lobb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:45:53 -0500
Hi,

It would be nice if in the case of a display filtered stream by right clicking on a packet a window would be available to show "neighboring"  unfiltered packets.

That would allow me to see - without Clearing the filter - to see what query, a few packets before,  produced the result shown by the packet in question. Similarly to the "Show Packets in new window", just it would "Show neighboring unfiltered packets in new window"

Neighborhood could be set in preferences for :
by packet numbers.
by SEQ/ACK
by ....

and the range also could be configurable from 1 to 100 or so before and after the packet.

Thanks ahead,

János