Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] recommendation NIC

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 03:43:23 +0200
Hi,

We are about to buy NICs for sniffing networks by means of port-mirroring on a PC running Linux/Ubuntu. Unfortunately we are not sure yet about the network throughput that we will have to support. We would like to start looking for a�10 Gigabit/sec�NIC costing around 250 USD. Moreover, we are not sure about specific NIC-options we should look out for which might further reduce packet drops (such as the various offload-options).�Hopefully somebody out there could provide us with more information!

Thank you,
Andrej