Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Who needs a new protocol disector built? I want to help!

From: Ronald Erdman <ron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:38:31 -0400

Hi everyone.  I'm a grad student looking to build a new protocol disector for a protocol not already supported.  Unfortunately, I'm a noob when it comes to network protocols, so I was wondering if anyone ever said to themselves "hey, I wish I could filter on XXXX protocol in Wireshark!"  If so, drop me a note and point me to the spec for the protocol and I'll build it and send you a copy when I'm done.

Or, if anyone knows of any that are fairly common but not supported already, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, and hope to hear from somebody soon!

- Ron