Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] can Wireshark analize RTP(G729) stream and get the packet loss

From: nangergong <nangergong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:57:32 +0000
Hi,all:

  I'm using wireshark to capture a VOIP-alike telephony call. The packets are RTP, which carry audio payload encoded with  G729 codec, I use dummynet to impose packet loss. Previously, when the codec is G711, wireshark can show the exact packet loss, Now the codec is G729, the wireshark always shows 0 packet loss when I set packet loss to 2%, is it because that the wireshark is not able to analyse G729 audio stream and thus just show 0% loss? Thank you!