Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireless (802.11) Management packet generation using wireshark

From: Rajan Vijayaraghavan <rajan.vijayaraghavan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:28:09 +0530
All,
I am using wireshark to capture 802.11 packets. I've a new requirements to generate 802.11 management packets like Probe Request, Association Request et al. Is this possible to do via
wireshark?

I am already using CommView for WiFi (on Windows XP) to do the same. As I've to put this packet generation in my automation set up, my perspective is having the packet generation automation on Linux is more doable than automating CommView for WiFi (on Windows XP).

Any thoughts or pointers would be really helpful with regard 802.11 management packet generation using wireshark. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Rajan Vijayaraghavan