Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Plugging decoder scripts into Wireshark

From: Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:24:01 -0400
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Wireshark is made to be very extensible. Natively its dissectors are written in
C, but LUA and, in the development version, Python support is build in as well.
This allows you to dissect the protocol data found in the captured frames.
Dissectors written in C can be added as plugins to a Wireshark installation, LUA
and Python scripts are added through configuration files.

Have a look at the documentation provided through the Wireshark webpage.

Python, sweet!  I didn't realize that was on the roadmap, but I'm glad it is!

--
-jp

It seemed to me that, somehow, the blue jay was trying to communicate with me. I would see him fly into the house across the way, pick up the telephone, and dial. My phone would ring, and it would be him, but it was just this squawking and cheeping. "What?! What?!" I would yell back, but he never did speak English.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com