Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark license info and its usage.

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:35:45 +0200

Hi,

Always check the documentation provided, and/or any license information in the binary distribution.

You'll find it in the About Wireshark dialog box, on the tab License.

FYI: (Most of) the Wireshark code is licensed under "GPL 2 or later."

In short: The GPL says nothing about use, it (very clever) addresses distribution only.

For more information on the GPL, look here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Thanks,
Jaap