Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark no conversion from .pcap to .txt

From: Tsutomu Yoshihara <Tsutomu.Yoshihara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 20:18:01 -0400

I have a problem. I can not convert from .pcap to .txt by command line on XP without office. I can convert to .txt by other PC with XP and windows office.

 Currently I use Wireshark and T-shark. I looked FQA, but I could not find hints, that is why I am writing e-mail. I have window xp version service pack 3, but no windows office. When used previous PC, I could use t-shark with conversion from pcap to txt. But once I swaped PC with XP service pack 3 and no windows office, I can not convert .pcap to .txt. Does conversion from pcap to txt depend on Windows office?

I run t shark -V -r e:\Test\testd.pcap>e:\Test\testd.txt.

But no conversion is made, text shows

"Tshark 1.2.6(SNV Rev 31702)

Copyright 1998-2010 Gerald Combs ----------

FOR a PARTICLUR purpose.

Complied with GLib 2.22.3, with Win Pcap version(version unknown), with libz 1.2.3,

without POSIX capabilities, without libcre, with SMI 0.4.8,

MIT Kerberos, with Geo IP.

Running on Windows XP Service Pack3, built 2600, with WinPcap version 4.1.1

(Packet.dll version 4.1.0 1753), based on libpcap version 1.0 branch

1_0_re10b (20091008),GnuTLS2.8.5,Gcrypt 1.4.5.

Built using Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 build 30729"

When ran T-shark converting fro .pcap to .txt, I got "note: You should run 'discket -y' to

enable the disk statistics.

I downloaded Windows 2000 and 2003 Server Network Monitor 3.2 to Wireshar folder.

Please advise what is missing and what to do.

Thanks

Tsutomu

The information contained in this electronic transmission may be confidential
and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), do not read, distribute
or copy the information in this message. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail or fax and then
delete the e-mail and any attachments from your computer and files.