Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Error when saving to multiple files

From: Nicole Powell <mznikkip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:20:17 -0500

I actually had to do 'chmod 777 <dir>' but it works great now. Thanks!

Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:42:20 -0800
From: alindber@xxxxxxxxx
To: wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Error when saving to multiple files

The basic issue is that root does not have write access to the directory you are using.  So either change the directory permissions or set  dumpcap to suid.

1 - chmod 666 <dir> or
2 - sudo chmod +s dumpcap

Best of luck
Alex Lindberg