Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unable to Decode MAC-LTE PDUs

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:10:41 +0100

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Sumanth Balakrishna C <sumanthbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Martin,

         I have encoded a few MAC-LTE pdus using the example
program provided on the wiki page(mac-logger.c). I have put this
into in infinite loop for encoding the pdu and sending it over the
udp socket to a server on a udp port.

          At the destination I have used wireshark to capture the UDP
data and decoded the frames. However, the frames are being decoded
as UDP frame and the actual mac pdu is not being decoded. I have stored
this capture data in a capture file and set the filter as mac-lte. This
does not
display the mac-lte pdu details. Hence, could you kindly let me know the
options or the display filters that must be enabled to dissect the mac
pdu data.

Did you enable the MAC-LTE protocol preference 'Try Heuristic LTE-MAC over UDP framing' preference?

Martin

Thanks & Regards,

Sumanth