Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Computing ICMP Statistics in Wireshark

Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:38:47 -0700 (PDT)
ok that should just be ok.

thanks

Regards
Abhijeet.C

From: Hansang Bae <for_list_hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:20:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Computing ICMP Statistics in Wireshark

vyaaghrah-wire@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Just simply computing number of request send v/s number of replies
> received and correlating the if their is percentage loss in the same

If it's a one time thing, you could look at the display packet stats at
the bottom.

Use a display filter of 'icmp.type==8" to look for PING requests.
Then look at how many packets match the display filter at the bottom

e.g.  packets 385  Displayed 100

Then use 'icmp.type=0' to look for replies.

If you don't have 100, you lost some.  is this what you were looking for?

I suppose you can use TSHARK and some awk scripts if you need to do this
over and over.

--

Thanks,
Hansang