Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Large capturing - memory problem

From: Attila Peter <attila.peter.hirlevelek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:29:42 +0200
Hi Everyone!

I am capturing a large network traffic on my network. The capturing process should work for 8 hours on a gigabit interface, the network flow is beetween 6 kb/s - 1Gb/s, sum 80 Gb traffic.

Wireshark always crashes with an "OutOfMemory" error, I have already enabled the /3G switch, but  it haven't solved my problem.

Does anbody have an idea? :)

Thank you,
Attila