Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Version 1.2.0 (SVN Rev 28753) - SIP Filter

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:02:17 -0700

On Jul 12, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I have installed WS using the 64 bit installer.

I am trying to trace a SIP call that originates/terminates on the same computer where Wireshark resides.

Wireshark dies with every call attempt.

When I default the Filter to everything, it captures ok, but when I stop and select a packet, it dies.

Ideas?

If by "dies" you mean "crashes" or "hangs forever", congratulations! You've just found a bug in Wireshark. See

	http://bugs.wireshark.org/

to file that bug.

Does it crash/hang if you select *any* packet, or just a particular type of packet?

Does this happen in a particular capture file, so that you can read that file in and make it crash every time? If so, could you attach that capture file to the bug? If you want, you can mark the bug as "private" so that only the Wireshark core developer team, or members of that team given privileges to look at "private" bugs, can see your capture.