Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] import format

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:48:18 -0400
Nahum Barnea wrote:
Hi.
I have "packets" that I synthesized using a Perl script (Ascii file).
I want to import the file to Wireshark.

Now I know Wireshark support multiple import Ascii formats, such as IBM iSeries comm. trace or K12 text file,
But I dont know how these Ascii formats look like, and thus I dont know how to convert my Ascii file to something
Wireshark will read.

Maybe you have an idea.

The wireshark progarm text2pcap may be just what you need...

Check the documentation @ http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/text2pcap.html