Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question on wireless sniffing and Cisco AP modes

From: "Steven Pfister" <SPfister@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:57:53 -0400
I'm trying to learn a little about wireless troubleshooting. In reading about the sniffer mode of Cisco APs, a lot of the Cisco pages I've read say it requires Airopeek. But a Cisco Press book I'm reading says "operates with an Omnipeek, Airmagnet, or Wireshark server."  Is there such a thing as a Wireshark server? Has anyone had an experience with sending traffic from a Cisco AP in sniffer mode to Wireshark?

Thanks!

--Steve

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,