Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capture a message from a global ip address

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:46:07 +1100
Wireshark can only capture the traffic at the interface it sees. So if you have a router using NAT, and want to see the outside (which I guess is what you mean when you say global) you need to capture on the outside interface.

(On the other hand if you expect that wireshark can reach out and capture traffic from some remote IP address, it can't do that).

Maybe you need to explain what you need to do with a small diagram.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx