Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Can't get static URL for this radio station

From: Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 20:55:34 -0700

On 3/3/09, Richard Branham <branham.richard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The "listen live" link for this radio station is on http://www.wgst.com/pages/listenlive.html  I can use another program (not Wireshark) to get the mms url but it appears to have an authorization field which changes periodically.  I'd like to be able to use a static link rather than having to use a sniffer every time I turn on the online radio.

I have a Windows XP machine and an Ubuntu machine.  In addition to using Wireshark, I have done a tcpdump and viewed the binary data in a hex editor but cannot seem to find the URL I'm looking for.

Can anyone give me a suggestion for how to do this?

Thanks!

Have a look at Firefox with the Live HTTP Headers add-on.  You can watch the various transactions in real time.

If you start by deleting all your cookies and browsing history etc and heading straight to your page you'll be able to catch the entire process for analysis.

Duplicating this process to create your one-click application may be very difficult, particularly if _javascript_ is involved.  Check out cURL or write a Perl script using WWW::Mechanize.

--
-jp

You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who make people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com