Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tshark creates files in temp dir

From: "Al Aghili" <aaghili@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:59:18 -0700
Guy,
I think we may have to manually delete the files after we kill the
tshark process. That was the problem I think. There were files left over
because we are killing the process programmatically (not ^C).

In a high traffic environment these files tend to get very big. So your
solution to write the packets on a pipe might work best in the future.

At the same time if that increases the ram consumption then that's a
bigger problem because right now its on disk.

Thanks for the help.

Al