Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing Windows Update Traffic

From: David Robinson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:19:14 -0400
I have a user concerned with the amount of information being transferred in the clear about that individuals machine when windows does an automatic update. Anyone have any info (experience, references, etc.) regarding what info is transferred when a windows machine does an update? Did a bit of cursory sniffing myself, but the amount of information is large and kind of have a short suspense on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.