Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireless lan packet

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:00:27 -0700
Hansang Bae wrote:

I've had better luck with Packetyzer (google network chemistry packetyzer). For example, Wireshark refuses to open my Cisco wireless adapter, but Packetyzer can bind to the NIC.

Neither Wireshark nor Packetyzer open adapters - they both use WinPcap:

	http://www.paglo.com/opensource/packetyzer_thankyou

so any difference in the adapters they can open is probably an issue with WinPcap.

Are Wireshark and Packetyzer running on the same machine? What version or versions of WinPcap are they using? (I'm not sure it's possible to have more than one version installed on the same machine.)